James is keen to find our new Chef de Partie.
- Organise each food service so that it runs efficiently and productively
- Liaise with Executive Chef and Sous Chef keeping lines of communication open between food and beverage production and service areas of the hotel
- Coordinate food production and kitchen brigade to meet food preparation and service requirements
- Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards
- Prepare and cook all food orders with a sense of urgency
- Check all food is stored and handled as per current food health and hygiene regulations
- Ensure that work area, equipment and section is kept clean at all times, in accordance with current health and hygiene regulations
- Monitor daily kitchen food and product requirements and advise Executive Chef of these well in advance
- Monitor food preparation and wastage costs control these by following efficient preparation methods and standard recipes.
This position will involve rostered work, including evenings and weekend.
- Need to be a qualified chef with at least two years experience in a similar role in a busy NZ restaurant. If you do not have the necessary experience, please do not apply.
- Will have a passion for food and the hospitality industry. You'll have a great eye for detail and food presenttion, and great work ethic that means you're on time - every time!
- Are motivated, a great team player and not a prima donna, you'll understand that it's all about teamwork and you'll have great communication skills when it comes to working with your colleagues
Applicants MUST have NZ citizenship, residency or hold a valid NZ work visa. You will not be considered for this position if you don't.